March Writing Course
Explanatory Writing Practice
Under the umbrella of "Expository Writing" sits the explanatory essay.
This is a style of writing expected to be mastered by middle school.
Join us as we explore EXPLANATORY ESSAYS in great detail.
In March, we will be creating a comparison and contrast assignment.
We will learn how to effectively EXPLAIN our findings while being very careful to avoid giving our opinions.
This style is similar to informative writing but not the same.
Learning how to organize and construct a strong EXPLANATORY ESSAY will empower your young writer.
In this month's course parents and students will:
- Understand the Explanatory Style of Writing and Core Standard Expectations
- Learn and Apply Proper Expository Structure and Organization to their Explanatory Essay
- Complete Research and Apply Note-taking Strategies
- Focus on Critical Details
- Develop a Main Idea/Thesis
- Consider the WHY Component of Explanatory Writing
- Create an Outline, Rough Draft, Revision and Final Written Essay at a Level of Choice (I, II, or III)
- Produce a Final, Polished Explanatory Essay
- Complete a Works Cited Page (optional)
- Getting kids enthused to write their next assignment
- Helping home educators succeed
- Supporting school choice
- Credentialed Teacher
- 25+ Years of Teaching Practice
- Multiple Years of Classroom Teaching
- Former Homeschool Mom
- Charter School Supporter
- Prior Educational Facilitator to Homeschoolers
- Online Writing Instructor
- Published Author in Children's Books
My Writing Services
- Curriculum Creator
- Digital Course Development
- Foundational ELA Standards Based Lessons
- Online Instruction
- Live Webinars and Workshops
- Community Creator for Parents and Students
- Homeschooling Encouragement and Coaching
StartWhat is Explanatory Writing? (11 Minutes)
StartYour Explanatory Assignment (8 Minutes)
StartHow to Take Great Notes (15 Minutes)
StartWhat Level Should I Pick? (10 Minutes)
StartLEVEL I - Going from Outline to Organizing (5 Minutes)
StartLEVEL II - Going from Outline to Organizing (5 Minutes)
StartLEVEL III - Going from Notes to Organizing (5 Minutes)