You worry about your child's reluctance toward writing.
You can't even get your kiddo to write a thank you note!
Is the WRITING BATTLE one of poor attitude, lack of ability, or low confidence? Is it their battle or yours as well?
I can help you sleep at night. Let's get rid of the worry.
My courses and coaching will solve all of your writing woes.
Together we can improve your child's attitude, increase skill level, and build confidence, too!
Hi! I'm Melissa Webb.
Let's get what qualifies me to teach your awesome kiddo out of the way.
- BA and CA Multiple-Subject Credential from San Diego State University
- Supplemental Degree in English from San Diego State University
- Elementary and Middle School Teacher
- 27 Years Teaching Experience
- 13 Years in a Traditional Public Classroom
- 14 Years Supporting Homeschool Parents in a Public Charter
- 10 Years Online Teaching Experience
- 6 Years Homeschooling My Own Children
- 27 Years Teaching Experience
..and on to the good stuff!
Clearly, being qualified and credentialed are important. However, I've met PLENTY of teachers who are well qualified, highly credentialed, and despise what they do. (insert sad face)
Me? I'm the complete opposite! I L♥VE - as in - creatively, seriously, passionately LOVE teaching writing to children.
And, I'll be honest. The people who appreciate me THE MOST are homeschooling moms.
Who ARE these homeschooling moms who need and appreciate me the most?
The ones who say...
"My child dreads writing."
"I don't have the patience to teach writing."
"I don't know what the genres or styles are."
"I don't know how to teach writing."
"I lack motivation and inspiration when writing myself."
"These textbooks people give me are dry and boring."
"How will I know when my child's writing ability is at grade level?"
Get started now!
"My daughter has been doing Melissa's persuasive writing course this month, and it is seriously amazing. Sadie dreads writing, but now it is the first thing she asks to do each day! Melissa has made teaching and learning writing fun and painless. We can't wait for next month. I love how Melissa offers Level 1 (single paragraph), Level 2 (3 paragraphs) and Level 3 (5 paragraphs) because it makes her program work for grades 3 to 8."
- Christy Hartman - Teacher & Homeschooling Mom
"We love Write on Webb! My boys love it because Melissa has a super encouraging and engaging personality that hooks my kids into the month's project. I love it because it is one less subject that I have to tackle in our homeschool. It is such a blessing to see them develop as writers. Melissa is quick to respond when we have questions and makes each of her students feel valued. I cannot recommend her classes enough!"
- Lyndell Castro - Homeschooling Mom
“It is very difficult to help your children improve if they don’t get started and actually write. I think Melissa’s most important ingredient was her inspiration. Once my daughter actually put words on a page (and was eager to do so), the teaching took off and Melissa was able to guide her to amazing improvements.”
- Mina Zambrano - Homeschooling Mom
There are 3 main styles or GENRES of WRITING.
1. Persuasive Writing
2. Expository Writing
3. Narrative Writing
This summer, I suggest practicing just one.
With researched evidence as support, persuasive writers can effectively communicate their strong ideas and opinions in a way that captures the attention of others.
It is imperative for writers who want to inform and influence their readers to develop the Art of Persuasive Writing!
Why not use SUMMERTIME to perfect this art?
If you have a 3rd - 8th grade child, this course was created with YOU in mind.
Spending time and money finding a qualified tutor may work for some people.
However, at a rate of $50 per hour, costs add up quickly. Not to mention, once tutoring has ended, the instruction is gone.
With this course, you maintain access to all of the lessons, instruction, and materials until the summer of 2020.
Did I mention? There are 3 leveled options.
A LEVEL I is a single paragraph assignment.
A LEVEL II is a three paragraph assignment.
A LEVEL III is a five paragraph essay.
Therefore, a single purchase of this course will meet the needs of all the children in your family.
Get started now!
- Getting kids enthused to write their next assignment!
- Credentialed Teacher
- Homeschool Mom
- Educational Facilitator
- Writing Instructor
- Online Connections and Instruction
- Lesson Plans and Assignments
- Community of Parents and Students
- Feedback and Encouragment
Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine how good it will feel!
- Without any extra work on your part, your child will experience quality instruction and fun writing lessons
- You'll know you have provided your child with valuable, core-standard writing practice
- You won't be doing it alone! I'll be your child's accountability partner
- You will witness your child's confidence soar
- AND! Your child may be the SUMMER WRITING CONTEST WINNER
My new friend, I am greatly looking forward to working with you and your young writer.
Sleep tight & write on!