October Writing Course
Everything You Need to Know to Write an Informative Scientific Summary
Under the umbrella of "Expository Writing" sits the INFORMATIVE ESSAY. But, what is an INFORMATIVE ESSAY, and how do we write one?
In this month's course, parents and students will:
- Understand the Informative Style of Writing and Core Standard Expectations
- Learn and Apply Proper Informative Structure and Organization to their Scientific Summary Essay
- Complete a "Close Read" of Science Information
- Learn and Apply Annotation and "Think Marks"
- Create an Outline, Rough Draft, Revision and Edited Copy
- Produce a Final, Polished Informative Essay
- Evaluate Personal Growth
- Getting kids enthused to write their next assignment!
- Credentialed Teacher
- Homeschool Mom
- Educational Facilitator
- Writing Instructor
- Online Connections and Instruction
- Lesson Plans and Assignments
- Community of Parents and Students
- Feedback and Encouragment