Opinion Writing Course
How to Write an Opinion Essay
Under the umbrella of "Persuasive Writing" sits the OPINION ESSAY. But, what is an OPINION ESSAY and how do we write one?
In this month's course, parents and students will:
- Understand the Opinion Style of Writing and Core Standard Expectations
- Learn and Apply Proper Persuasive Structure and Organization
- Research Possible Career Interests
- Conduct an Interview
- Create an Outline, Rough Draft, Revision and Final Written Opinion Essay
- Produce a Final, Polished Opinion Essay
- Evaluate Personal Growth
In each of my monthly courses, you will find three leveled options for your child. That means ONE single purchase meets the needs of ALL your children in grades 3 - 8! Awesome, right?
Please notice that these are not based solely on grade level either. True, a LEVEL I is typically perfect for a 3rd grader. LEVEL II is great for upper elementary kiddos. And, a LEVEL III is built with middle school standards in mind.
However, if your 5th grader is a reluctant writer, why not start the month at LEVEL I? Build confidence by making it less overwhelming. In time, your child will naturally progress to the next level.
Or, perhaps this month turns out to be CRAZY BUSY! No worries. Do one level lower than you had planned and your child will still learn all about the style while getting SOME practice completed.
The point is that these levels allow flexibility for your family.
A LEVEL I is a single paragraph assignment.
A LEVEL II is a three paragraph assignment.
A LEVEL III is a five paragraph essay.
Plus! A single purchase of this course will meet the needs of all the children in your family who are in elementary and middle school.
- Getting kids enthused to write their next assignment
- Helping home educators succeed
- Supporting school choice
- Credentialed Teacher
- 25+ Years of Teaching Practice
- Multiple Years of Classroom Teaching
- Former Homeschool Mom
- Charter School Supporter
- Prior Educational Facilitator to Homeschoolers
- Online Writing Instructor
- Published Author in Children's Books
My Writing Services
- Writing Curriculum Creator
- Digital Course Development
- Foundational ELA Standards Based Lessons
- Online Instruction
- Live Webinars and Workshops
- Community Creator for Parents and Students
- Homeschooling Encouragement and Coaching
Frequently Asked Questions
Imagine how good it will feel!
- Without a ton of time on your part, your child will experience quality instruction and fun writing lessons
- You'll know you have provided your child with valuable, core-standard writing practice
- You won't be doing it alone! I'll be your child's accountability partner
- You will witness your child's confidence soar
My friend, I am greatly looking forward to working with you and your young writer.